The CBD is the busiest area of Melbourne and the nearby inner-northern suburb of Brunswick is a great place to stay where you can still be within easy reach of all that the city centre has to offer.
The suburb of Brunswick is a very culturally diverse one and the main street is Sydney Road which is filled with plenty of great place to visit. This includes such things as ahppening bars, a wide selection of restaurants, boutique shops, cafes and nightclubs. Also there are plenty of parklands and sporting ovals located just a short distance from Brunswick.
Staying in a place like Brunswick is very much about lifestyle and it is one of the best value for money suburbs in the world’s most livable city.
Brunswick has lot of different things to see located close by, including:
- Plenty of sporting fields and facilities where you can play tennis, cricket, soccer, squash, netball and or course footy (or Australian Rules Football.
- Lots of bargain shops where you can find something special for yourself, your home or as a present for others.
- Close proximity to the Melbourne Zoo where you can watch animals from all over the world play, have a relaxing picnic or take a relaxing walk amoungst the native habitats of unique creatures.
It is often better when visiting a new city for the first time to unexpectedly depart from the regular tourist trail that others follow and here you will glimpse the city’s “true” qualities. Big attractions can be great fun but often it’s the more subtle “insider” experiences that leave you feeling really satisfied.
Accommodation in Brunswick
Throughout the Brunswick there are numerous accommodation options available, ranging from fully self contained serviced apartments and luxury hotels right through to budget motel and backpacker accommodation. Click here for a full list of the Brunswick accommodation available including discount rates for longer stays.
Restaurants in Brunswick
The multi-cultural suburb of Brunswick contains a vast array of restaurants which really do reflect the diverse range of cuisines that are on offer throughout Melbourne. Brunswick has a reputation as being a great place to enjoy an evening meal or a coffee during the afternoon and this is typified by the number of affordable eating establishments that the suburb has.
Some of the main restaurant areas in Brunswick are :
- Sydney Road - right along this road you will discover a multitude of trendy bars, cafes and restaurants serving dishes from all over the world.
- Lygon Street - the northern part of Lygon Street also features plenty of great restaurants, cafes and bars.
- Union Square - in this small shopping area you will find a variety of affordable take-away shops, fresh food outlets and bakeries.
Shopping in Brunswick
When you stay in Brunswick or are visiting the area you will quickly discover that shopping is an important part of the landscape in Brunswick. Within this inner northern suburb you will find a variety of place to buy things ranging from discount stores and factory outlets through to boutiques shops and exclusive fashion outlets. The majority of the shopping in Brunswick is done along Sydney Road or Lygon Street where you will see lots of gifts shops, bookstores, home wares, shoe shops, fresh food outlets and even cafes for a coffee in between shops.
Also within the region of Brunswick you will be able to go to the popular Union Square or Barkly Square Shopping Centres which is filled with a wide variety of fashion boutiques, novelty shops, fresh food outlets, department stores and even a supermarket for all of your day to day needs.