The city of Melbourne has a lot going for it and all you need to do is ask any of the locals and they will tell you that it is a great place to live, and if you have the right knowledge and know where to look there are some truly amazing things to explore and sights to see. It is no wonder that the city of Melbourne has twice been voted as 'The Most Livable City in the World' by a band of international critics. Melbourne is a city that loves its cultural, food and sports. This in reflaected in the huge array of restaurants, popular sporting venues and visual & performing art venues that the city and surrounding inner city suburbs has to offer.
Over the years people from all over the world and interstate have been attracted to the city of Melbourne because it has a very dynamic and cosmopolitan atmosphere, as well as lots of hidden secrets that you can easily discover if you just had a little bit of inside knowledge about where to look and what time of year it is best to travel to Melbourne.
Some of the best things about staying in Melbourne inlcude :
- Exploring the Laneways - whilst staying in Melbourne why not try exploring the many hidden laneways that the city centre has to offer. Here you will discover lots of interesting and delightful surprise such as fashion boutiques, secluded restaurants, intimate theatres and funky cafes.
- Attending Sporting Events - no trip to Melbourne would be complete with attending one of the many sporting events that the city hosts throughout the course of the year. During winter you should attend an AFL footy match at either the MCG or Etihad Stadium, whilst during summer time you can either go and see a cricket, A-league soccer or tennis match.
- Seeing Major Concerts - there are plenty of major concerts held in Melbourne throughout the year. These concerts range from pop and rock bands through to classical performances and everything in between.
- Year Round Festivals - there a lots of festivals both large and small held in Melbourne and the surrounding suburbs over the course of the year. The majority of these festivals, however and generally held during the months where you get the better weather in the city, ie: October through to April.
- Great Road Trips - the city of Melbourne also provides visitors with a great accommodation base from which to explore all of the natural wonders of the state of Victoria. There are lots of places where you can go on an exciting and interesting road trip, or alternatively you can take a tour with one of the many tour operators that have regular trips to places such as the Great Ocean Road and Phillip Island Penguin Parade.
- Multi-Cultural Food - the diverse rnage of food and cuisines is one of the most defining aspects to staying in Melbourne. It is what makes the city so interesting and provides travellers with an opportunity to experience somehting unqiue to eat each and every single time they have a meal.
- Choice of Accommodation - Melbourne has a wide variety of different accommodation options available which ensures that there is something to suit the needs and requirements of all types of travellers and any type of budget.