The inner city suburb of Albert Park is conveniently positioned just a short distance away from the busy city centre of Melbourne but this is what makes it such a popular place to stay.
Albert Park provides all types of travellers with a much more relaxed atmosphere, numerous things for you to experience and affordable accommodation rates, all within close proximity to the Melbourne CBD.
Albert Park is ideally positioned only 3 kilometres south of the Melbourne city centre and is a vibrant suburb with an exciting retail precinct and lots of fashionable cafes. Travellers really enjoy this suburb because it has the Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre, children's playgrounds, numerous sporting ovals, the beautiful Albert Park lake and is close to public transport.
If you are looking for a place to stay in Melbourne that has a great lifestyle and is one of the most cosmopolitan suburbs in the world’s most livable city then look no further than Albert Park.
Albert Park's Attractions
Albert Park has lot of different things to see located close by, including:
- A large number of different sporting fields, ovals and facilities where you can play tennis, cricket, soccer, squash, netball and or course footy (or Australian Rules Football.
- The Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre (MSAC) which not only has excellent facilities for swimming and diving but also has places where you can play indoor sports like badminton, squash, aerobics and much more.
- The Albert Park Lake - which not only is a relaxing place to have a picnic but also features a popular running track around it and is home to the famous Melbourne Formula 1 Grand Prix every March.
- Close proximity to St Kilda beach where you can watch the waves lap the shore, go for a realxing walk or have fun with the kids in the safe, swimming waters of Port Phillip Bay.
Just be aware that when visiting Albert Park in Melbourne you will need to embrace the city's notoriously changeable weather, which can experience four seasons in a day, so make sure that you are always prepared for all conditions.
Accommodation in Albert Park
Throughout the Albert Park there are numerous accommodation options available, ranging from fully self contained serviced apartments and luxury hotels right through to budget motel and backpacker accommodation. Click here for a full list of Albert Park accommodation including discount rates for longer stays.
Restaurants in Albert Park
Within the confines of Albert Park travellers will discover a wonderful selection of fine dining restaurants which serve a range of cuisines from all over the world. Albert Park has fast developed a reputation as being a cosmopolitan place to enjoy an evening meal or a coffee during the afternoon and this is reflected by the many alfresco bars, cafes and other eating establishments that the suburb has.
Some restaurant areas in Albert Park include :
- Bridport Street West - features an array of cosmopolitan cafes and fine dining restaurants serving a variety of cuisines.
- Victoria Avenue - all along this street there are various restaurants, cafes, ice cream shops, bars and taverns.
- Beconsfield Parade (The Esplanade) - overlooking the water are a number of exclusive restaurants, alfresco cafes and hotels serving great meals.
Shopping in Albert Park
Shopping and "retail therapy" is a very important part of Albert Park and the suburb has a selection of boutiques stores, fashion outlets, galleries, homeware shops and novelty stores. It also features beauty shops specializing in skin, hair and nails in order to make you feel like a queen on your time away. The main shopping strip in Albert Park is along Victoria Avenue and Bridport Street, where you will be able to pick up lots of bargains, gifts, crafts and artworks. Also there are numerous cosmopolitan places where you can have a latte and a bite to eat during your shopping adventures in Albert Park.